Friday, November 16, 2007

LASK-S/T, LP, 1982, GERMANY/UK




Anomalous R.I.O.-ish exploits (especially anomalous as it's on ECM) from a trio featuring the ever-so-endearing queen of Brit improv vocal kookiness, Maggie Nicols (in surprisingly songform mode here) and two German cats I know bupkis about: Ulrich P. Lask on alto sax and synth and Meinolf Bauschulte on drums. I can hear Downtown NY bippity boop moves ala Curlew, arch art song maneuvers ala Greaves & Blegvad's Kew Rhone and the sorta perky and synthified R.I.O. that The Blech specialize in. Super nice.

***************NEW LINK POSTED SEPTEMBER 2012***************

Get it here 

2 comments:

The Herbalist said...

Many thnkas for this one.
I had been loking for it since I heard it in a cassette I got from a friend about 22 years ago...
Man you're a magician...

The Herbalist

HallaK said...

The link is broken!
Post another.. I'm beggin you!